Temperature 59, Humidity 35%, it was time to get back out there.
1.00 Mile
13:02
Run 7 min, Walk 30 sec.
I haven't run in four weeks and two days. The two weeks before my mother passed away, I guess it was just cold out. And then the two weeks since my mom passed away, well, I haven't felt like doing much of anything.
So that's where I've been. I've been here, assessing my own mortality (since the 6 year old is now asking questions about if we're going to die, good for him to process it and good for me, too:-)). Thinking about what I want to do when I grow up since 40 is around the corner.
My father has been so calm and together. They were so incredibly organized with their insurance and finances that he had that all taken care of within a week. We call him every night with all that stream-of-consciousness yet blissful little kid stuff that distracts us and reminds us that life continues. I have relied on his strength.
My students and school have been great to me, making a huge donation to American Cancer Society in my mom's memory and just being overall kind souls.
So I am getting "back" in the saddle, giving myself permission to run "just" a mile today was my first step:-)
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



4 commentaires:
Good for you! Despite the sadness and pain, life goes on. I'm wishing you guys the best in these difficult times :-)
I have been thinking about you! Thanks for the update!
You have been in my thoughts. I am so glad that you are able to slowly move on. Simply things makes a huge difference. It is certainly not easy.
Glad you're putting your grief to good use and starting to live again. Those first weeks can be numbing, and that's without it being super cold outside. Keep at it.
Enregistrer un commentaire