2007/07/13

HH Intermdiate 5K - Week 2, Day 3

3 miles
37:46 (12:35/mile)
2:30 pm - Temp 81 - Humidity 39% (yay)

Around once a month, um, I don't feel like running. Today was one of those days. But, like happened to Amy a few days ago, as I arrived home eagerly looking forward to sitting on my old perch, the couch, I saw a guy jogging down my street at 2 in the afternoon. Well, geez, if HE is out in the midday sun, I guess I can do it as well. I was only going to go a mile. Just make it to the traffic light & back, I told myself. But I kept going. Past a few more lights. And before I knew it, I was 1.5 miles from home. Well, yippee!!! A 3 miler, just like Mr. Higdon wanted me to do:-)

Oh, and my last mile was fastest! 12:49, 12:54, 12:04!!!

6 commentaires:

jeanne a dit…

only once a month?!?! i'm so jealous!!!

i play those mind games every single run... "just run 2 miles" "oh you can run .5 miles" "anyone can run a mile"
i wrote the book!

Nikki a dit…

Great motivation! I was running home the other day, ok walking, and a lady in her 60+'s was RUNNING ever so slow, but none the less...running. I picked my fat ass up and ran the rest of the way home ;)

Good job on the three miles :)

Wes a dit…

That's why they recommend giving it five minutes. If you aren't feeling it, turn around and go home! I got some motivation Thursday by a skinny chicka that was lapping me on the mile track :-)

Amy a dit…

Yeah...just once a month you feel like that???? I'm jealous too!!!!

I think I wrote the prologue to jeanne's book on how to sike yourself out!

Good job on kicking 3 miles butt!

Jess a dit…

Congrats! Way to find motivation in the random guy running!

MNFirefly a dit…

Nice job!!