2007/07/11

HH Intermdiate 5K - Week 2, Day 2

Was on the road by 6:05 today. Walked out our door and was hit with the wall--you know that wall? That wall of humidity. At 6 am! Yikes.

Mr. Higdon wanted me to try my very first tempo run today. I ran slowly for 10 minutes, then sped up a little (to, oh, 12 minute miles) for 10 min, walked 1.5 minutes, then finished with 10 minutes of slow jogging. It was kind of cool to see that I was working hard in the faster part of the run, but that I was surviving, too. I may not be "faster" yet, but things are getting a little easier (despite the heat & humidity, that is).

So here are the stats:
2.31 miles
30:34 (13:13/mile)
Temp 75, Humidity 85% @ 6 am

6 commentaires:

Wes a dit…

Ahhh, a tempo run :-) Following the plan will get you to your destination!!

Neese a dit…

i need to try one of those tempos myself, nice job!! you are on your way!

MNFirefly a dit…

Nice job!!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) a dit…

Interval, while sort of annoying and hard while doing them, do really help with endurance and overall speed.

The head coach at our running club is VERY into the whole interval thing and that is pretty much all we do (well, besides hill work).

Bleah.

Sounds like you are having some fun with the training program, though. Good for you.

Hopefully your humidity will break soon.

Anne a dit…

I'm just catching up on your training. I LOVE Hal Higdon's training programs and have used this particular one to great success. Good luck breaking through the humidity. It's all part of the character-building. Drink up!

jeanne a dit…

you are totally going to get faster. just you wait!