2007/07/08

HH Intermdiate 5K - Week 1, Day 5

Week 1, DONE!

Managed to get up early again and accomplish this:
3 miles
41:38 (13:52/mile)
68 degrees, 66% humidity

Concentrated really hard at going out slow, and keeping my HR in the 80% zone. Feels good to have this week under my belt. But I had three days off of play rehearsal--we are heading into tech week now AND a stretch of 90's & high 80's temps, so I hope I can manage to lug myself out of bed in the a.m. to get these runs done and stay with the plan.

*******And an update on my mom, who is fighting breast cancer...she is nearly done with the first round of chemo, which has really packed a wallop on her--she is sick for about five days after it:-( She gets it every three weeks, so right as she's starting to feel good, BAM, another treatment:-( She gets a little reprieve from it in August, then starts radiation (that's every day for a few weeks). She also goes in once a week for some special medicine to fight her particular strain of cancer...a lot of IV's and a lot of holes in her arm. So many that last week, they had to operate on her arm to put a "port" in it to make all the needles easier. Please keep her in your prayers if you are so inclined, she is a brave woman.

9 commentaires:

MNFirefly a dit…

Will be sending lots of prayers for your mom.

Great run!

Wes a dit…

I've been getting up at 6 AM on Saturday and Sunday to get my stuff in. We are sicko :-)

Sweet prayers for your Mom!!

Neese a dit…

brave indeed! bless her sweet heart.

Anonyme a dit…

congrats on finishing week 1!

and, your mom will be kept in my prayers.

teacherwoman a dit…

Early mornings on the weekends are hard. But, once you're out there it is a whole lot easier than trying to do it in the heat and humidity, right?

Glad to hear your Mom is doing well and fighting her battle. I will be thinking of her!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) a dit…

Hi -- sorry to hear about your Mom. Sounds like her treatment is pretty unpleasant. I'm sending her lots of good wishes and prayers.

Love the new look of your blog -- and am very interested in hearing more about how your new training plan is going.

We've had hot, humid weather in MN too -- not always so fun to run in or easy to keep heart rates down.

Hang tight, keep cool and look forward to reading more.

Anonyme a dit…

Good job on the run!

And I'll keep your mom in my prayers

Anonyme a dit…

Congratulations on your first week.

Your mom is in my prayers.

J~Mom a dit…

Great job on getting your first week done!!

I am praying for your mom! (((HUGS)))