Ah, the Jersey humidity is back. Tough run this morning, but I'm patting myself on the back for getting up and getting it done before my husband had to leave. I figured I had last night off of rehearsal for July 4th, so if I couldn't get up today, I couldn't ever do it--so I'm glad it happened today. Now begins a stretch where I have only one day off of rehearsal for the next week and a half, so should be interesting how these runs get fit in...one day at a time, baby steps.
Here are today's numbers:
3 miles
40:33 (13:31/mile)
68 degrees, 93% humidity
Monumental day for a few reasons: 1) Like I said, I got up to do this; 2) I've never run 3 days in a row before, HH is ambitious, ha!; and 3) Today I hit 200 miles for the year! This was a goal I was hoping to hit before July 1, but that fell in my running slump. I am still hoping for 400 miles for the year, we'll see!
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



5 commentaires:
Back on the wagon! Congrats for getting that first three-dayer in AND braving the humidity!!
Great job! Humidity just SUCKS. There's no going around it..period!
nice job! your blog header looks great too! :) you are just comin back girl! wahoo!!
Ahh, New Jersey humidity. When I moved to Virginia years ago in the summer, after living many years in Colorado (the dry heat), in one day I discovered how humidity could bring you to your knees in 15 minutes and leave you a quivering sweating mess while trying to perform a simple task (sawing four legs off a table). Being a history major, I thought back about the Jamestown settlement(hot! humid!) and Plymouth Rock (cold in the winter!) and wondered where I'd ideally like to be an English settler and land in the New World in. I came up with...New Jersey! The Garden State. (I went to high school there, and grew up on neighboring Staten Island.) But there are some humid days each summer for sure in NJ which make it miserable! I think it's global warming.
Great job!! If you can get up and get it done that is worth a pat on the back alone! YAY!
Enregistrer un commentaire