2007/07/04

HH Intermdiate 5K - Week 1, Day 2

First day of "speed" work. Mr. Higdon called for 5 x 400, but I made an executive decision to do 10 x 200 instead. Cool thing was that on those running 200's, I was consistently running 8 min/miles.

Random thoughts:
1. Forgot to snag the splits at the end of each 200. Must remember to use the Garmin better, it was still set to just capturing mile splits. ((((head thunk))))

2. This was only the second time I'd ever run back to back days. Don't think I realized Mr. Higdon wants me to run 5 days per week, this ought to be interesting...

3. I learned a bit. Certainly no negative splits here, so I need to learn to hold back a bit early on and push a little more towards the end.

4. I only felt a twinge of a desire to vomit on the 8th set of 200, ha! I was *this* close to patting myself on the back and calling it a day, but as I walked back to the start, I guess I recovered enough and decided to push through for 2 more 200's, woo hoo.

How interesting is it that although I walked half of this workout (the recovery 200's), my overall pace was still better than the one on my last 3 mile run.

2.55 miles
32:20 (12:40/mile)

3 commentaires:

J~Mom a dit…

I love the new colors on your blog! The HH plan sounds great!! Glad to see you back with a plan!

MNFirefly a dit…

Great job on the speed work!!

Wes a dit…

Hee hee. You vomit twinged :-) Very cool! LOL. Nice to have you back. Rock this workout plan!!

BTW: You can have the Garmin record a lap at a precise point too, not just a distance. FYI!