2007/06/04

Desperate times....

...call for desperate measures. Had a night off from rehearsal today, yippee. But had to go to a school meeting to be recognized for achieving tenure (yay!). So the ONLY way to fit in any sort of run now that it finally cooled off was to dust off the jogging stroller, grab the five year old and jog to pick up the 2 year old. We jogged a total of about 15 min I would gander. Slowly, but happily in the 70 degree heat & humidity.

[can I just say kudos to anyone who regularly runs with a stroller? Holy cow, my arms were killing me at the end of our little one miler!]

We left the Garmin at home and just did the mile-ish; it was kind of good to not look @ HR and pace, to just run how we felt. When we tired, we slowed down; when my son wanted to "run like Lightening McQueen," he did that once or twice, too. We had few rules (stay with Mommy, stop when I say so, run slowly, walk when you need to), just wanted to get out there on the road to simulate what this weekend's 5K will be like for my son. He is so excited. I am running with him in the race, and dh will be pushing the 2 yr old in the stroller:-)

Grateful to get out there, if only for a short time. Short is better than not at all. I think I need to start learning that.

No stats, just went out for about a mile with kiddos

6 commentaires:

Wes a dit…

Yup. Doing sumthin is better than doing nuthin :-) Congrats on the tenure!!

Anonyme a dit…

Running with a stroller looks easy, but it is a whole other ballgame.

Sanyo massage chairs

Brooke a dit…

My youngest (6) has done 2 5K's now and she is hooked. I think running with her is so much fun. Enjoy your race this weekend.

J~Mom a dit…

Glad you got to get out a bit! Bet it felt great!

MNFirefly a dit…

Great effort!

teacherwoman a dit…

I think it would be soo hard to run with a stroller... kudos to you!