2007/05/28

On the Road Again

Went out for a nearly 2 miler tonight. For a lot of reasons. Because I needed to clear my head after a 3-day weekend of overstimulation for my kids, who were very tightly wound as a result. Because dh & I had spent 2 hours chasing them around at a church BBQ, which was supposed to be fun & fellowship, but turned out to be "that railing is broken, watch it," and "don't take that ball from that baby," and "watch out, that's poison ivy", and "give it back," and, well, you get the idea.

So that's what sent me out the door tonight, but mostly it was just time to get back on the road again.

So here's what I did:
1.92 miles
22:35 (11:45/mile)
80 degrees--Tough run tonight!!!


Will be sporadic now that play rehearsal has begun and school winds down--but I notice in my yearly stats that I need to get in 20 more miles by the end of June in order to stay the course of meeting my little goal of 400 miles run this year; hope I can get those miles in. I need a new race to train for to push me out the door more often. I am thinking of the West Chester HM, we shall see how this summer plays out. I still harbor hopes of running a marathon some day (thanks Full Metal Lunch Box for putting THAT bee in my bonnet) but I need to get a clean HM in first. And heck, I love neese's plan of getting faster before tackling the bigger distances. I dunno, but I got back on the road again tonight. Baby steps.

6 commentaires:

Wes a dit…

Yay! I think working on a "clean" half marathon is an excellent idea. Plenty of time to do a full. For us, its not about the time, its about getting'er done. And that's enough :-)

Have fun ramping back up!!

MNFirefly a dit…

Great running!

teacherwoman a dit…

Glad to hear you are still running! I was beginning to wonder about you!

Anonyme a dit…

Gotta say, I love your blog! I'm glad to see you're still running & blogging. I understand the whole "get faster before I run reallllly long races" thing (like a 26.2 expedition, hehe). I look forward to reading what's next in your running world :)

Neese a dit…

LOL!!! girl, i love that phrase "thanks for putting THAT bee in my bonnet", i so have to use that.

tell us more about the play, are you directing it, or in it?

good run @ 80 degrees! omg! i hope i never find THAT bee in MY bonnet LOLOL

Full Metal Lunchbox a dit…

You definitely have a marathon in your future--I'm glad you see it too.

Keep us posted on your progress as you slowly ramp up the miles.

You've got the goods.  I know you can do it.