2007/03/29

Track fun with the kiddo--sort of


Beautiful, 57 degree day, took kiddo to track where I had a frustrating but then ok run. Frustrating in that the kid wants to run a 5K with me in June ("I want to run the race with Mommy"), so I was trying to run slowly with him, SLOWLY!, but my dear 5 year old thinks he's Lightening McQueen (the speedster in Disney Pixar's CARS movie), so he spurts way ahead then stops, waiting for me! Aaaah! After about 3/4 mile of him darting ahead & getting all out of breath, then me stopping and saying, "I'm not running if you won't run slowly next to me" I just let it go and let him run how he wants to--he's five, right?!? We were fine after that. Funny thing was, when I let it go and just basically said, "Run how you want," he stayed with me! Things that make you go Hmmmmmm. He ended up doing 6 laps, then got bored and ate his fruit snacks while I did two more laps, which were fun:-) That was all I had time for, we got a late start due to a school meeting, so we had to go pick up my little guy.

Long run of some sort this weekend. I am aiming for 13 miles. Aaaaaahhh. And where the heck does one purchase Gu?

7 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Although it sounds like you had your hands full, it's so cute that you run with your son.....13 miles! Awesome progress.

MNFirefly a dit…

Nice job!!

Wes a dit…

At five, he will pick up the good stuff through osmosis! Keep setting a good example for him. You need to find a Sports Authority, Dick's Sporting Goods, or a running shop. They should all have Gu :-) If not, try that high energy snack mix off of food network. It worked great for me and was actually easy to chew...

Neese a dit…

It's too late to order it online for this weekend, I've seen it at Fleet Feet as well as where Wes mentioned. And, goodness i bet your son is SO cute running at 5. awwwww!

Neese a dit…

P.S.

WOWZA!!! 13 miles?? did you ever think you'd be sayin your gonna run 13 miles. you rock, girl!

Anne a dit…

Every time I stop by to visit you've gone and added more mileage and/or lowered your pace.

Gu -- If you don't have a bike shop, running store or generic sports store, try REI. That's where I get my running stuff and it's typically more fresh.

Amy a dit…

I've been thinking about doing a 1 mile fun run with my 6 year old nephew...he too thinks he's Lightening whoever from that movie. But he really really wants to run with me, so who am I to deny him that, right??