2007/03/06

Good news, cold news, cool news

The best news first, my mom's operation went well! The doc thinks she got all the cancer, and best news of all is that it did not appear to have spread. Lab tests will confirm that later this week - seems like my mom caught it early and will LICK it.

The cold news is that it was in the 20s today and I bailed on the run. Lame. And I heard it's going to snow tomorrow. Crud.

The cool news is that my mom's hospital is in the town where my HM will be on April 29. In fact, it's on the HM route! So after I left my mom, I drove about half of the HM route. This really whet my appetite for this HM, I really am getting excited! And found out there is a training run put together by the run club organizing the HM, complete with water stations(!) this Sunday on the route as well, so I *think* I am going to do my 10 miler with the training run! I've never run with people, that should be interesting.

9 commentaires:

Bri a dit…

You're kidding me, really?, you've always run by yourself, Wow, I'm pretty much the opposite. Oh sure, I run in the morning by myself and I like the quiet time, but for long runs I'm in a running group and we chit-chat at we run. Best wishes, and good luck.

Neese a dit…

excellent knews about your mom, and way cool about the HM route! soon you will have to change your blog title again ;)

J~Mom a dit…

That is great news about your mom!!! I am so happy to hear that!!!

Anonyme a dit…

Great news about your mom! Good luck on your run. I personally like running with a group on a long run. It's nice to have people to chat or keep pace with.Also, my competitive side with not allow me to be the last person in the group. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

MNFirefly a dit…

That's awesome news about your mom. I hope that the treatment that she receive complete kills the remaining cancer cells.

Anne a dit…

Wonderful to hear about your mom. Glad her prognosis is so good. And it's always a big boost to view the course ahead of time. You're well on your way.

jeanne a dit…

great news about your mom! and to answer your question: running with a group pushed me in a GOOD way. But I've only really done it once, so, your mileage may vary.

but give it a try!

jeanne a dit…

p.s. love the spanish.

Wes a dit…

Fantastic news about your mum! Yay!! I'm running with my local running club on my HM route this weekend too. It's gonna be cool.