2007/03/04

Modify & Adjust

Was supposed to do 10 miles today. Wanted to run a 5K next weekend. Had to swap them due to child-rearing issues. No dh this weekend, and not very many people can handle both my active children. So I drove an hour to see my mom & dad one day before her surgery tomorrow and had a lovely visit--and snagged 35 minutes of babysitting to do the 5K today.

So I'll just do the long run next weekend. Life happens. This is do-able, I'm grateful to have gotten a 5K in today (though I would have LOVED to run two seconds per mile faster for sub-11 minute miles, but the fact is I'm getting a little faster and that makes me smile:-))

7 commentaires:

teacherwoman a dit…

Nice job on the 5K... and you're right... Life happens!

Neese a dit…

at least you were able to get one of the two in, that's great! nice time too!

Anonyme a dit…

Nice job in getting that 5K in! Even though it wasn't the 10 you wanted, you still got out there and did something.

Anne a dit…

Yes, you should smile. Good enterprising to make sure you got a run in!

MNFirefly a dit…

Great job on the 5K this weekend. I hope everything goes well for your mom.

J~Mom a dit…

Way to be flexible with your runs!!

I am thinking about you and your mom today!!!!!

Full Metal Lunchbox a dit…

As long as you are still running, you're doing right.