2007/02/20

Recovery Run & Tough News

2.65 miles
31:07 (11:44/mile)

I did R10/W1.5 and variations on that theme in this slow run.

Now the tough part. My mom, just found out Friday that she has breast cancer. She was vigilant and found the lump herself (she had been for a routine checkup the month before and nothing was found!). We're optimistic that she will beat it, since it appears she caught it early. But the family is in a little shock. Her surgery is a week from next Monday, the doc will prescribe radiation or chemo after, depending on what she finds. So, please, some blogoshpere prayers for my Mom would be much appreciated, if you are the praying type. I'll be doing Relay for Life for the second year in our town with our school & church, has a whole "close to home" feeling this time around.

Peace.

10 commentaires:

Nikki a dit…

(((((Hugs))) To your mom...this is a tough time for her. I'm glad she has a great support system and I'm sending some cyber prayers her way!

Wes a dit…

Lots o prayers... If you are made of the same cloth as Mom, I know she will beat this.

Neese a dit…

you know i'm crying right now...i wish i could give you a *real* hug.. i am surely sending blogoshpere prayers your way

J~Mom a dit…

I am also crying. I want you to know that you can email me anytime to talk about this. My mom had breast cancer in 1990! She had the surgery and 6 months of chemo and she is still here and the best grandma ever!!!! I am so here for you and you can believe that prayers are going up for your mom!!!!!!!

((((((HUGS)))))

teacherwoman a dit…

Many prayers coming your way, hun. *hugs*

MNFirefly a dit…

Oh my! I am SO sorry. I totally feel for you. CANCER SUCKS! I hope your mom continues the courage and strength along with a positive attitude to get through this. You are in my prayers!

Lesley Looper a dit…

Blogging hugs to you! And hats off to your mom for being deligent. She sounds like a survivor!

My mom went through something similar, when a mammogram showed a spot,and the dr. said to follow up in a few weeks. She decided to get a second opinion, and that dr. scheduled surgery ASAP. After surgery and 6 weeks of radiation, she's been cancer-free for 6 years.

It sure was scary at the time, so I feel for you, your mom, and your whole family!! I hope you're able to keep your running going....it will help you in more ways than one. Take care of you too!

Erica a dit…

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Put me right in there with the people praying for her. Keep us updated.

boatgirl a dit…

((((Hugs))) To you and your Mom. Prayers for wisdom for the doctors, speedy recovery and total remission.

Anne a dit…

It sounds like your mom has an excellent chance at recovering quickly. I'm amazed it wasn't found earlier, but maybe she caught it immediately. You know you have our prayers and wishes for everyone in your family. Stay strong.