2007/02/17

Getting back in the groove

7 miles
1:29:38 (12:48/mile)

Didn't start till nearly 5:00, so by the time I was in a groove, it got dark. That, paired with the crummy job so many people did shoveling their sidewalks (I thought people were supposed to get FINED for not shoveling sidewalks, we're talking major roads here), I had to call it a day at 7 miles, woo hoo. Galloway wanted me to do 10, but since I've been coming back from sickness, business and slacking, the legs were getting a little tired--though not as much as my last long run, so maybe my previous long runs are starting to build and be beneficial, even though they were weeks ago??.

Feeling good. Good run today, good week getting back in the groove.

9 commentaires:

Neese a dit…

Madonna's "Get into the Groove" is singing in my head right now. Glad you are groovin!

MNFirefly a dit…

Very nice groove...and pace!

Wes a dit…

Nice job, again, on the seven miles. You are running under extreme conditions. Make sure you take that into account! Groovin on!!!

teacherwoman a dit…

Wonderful run! feel the groove, girl!

J~Mom a dit…

Awesome!! Running seven miles in that weather totally rocks!!

Anonyme a dit…

Good for you for getting out there in the snow! How do you do it?

Full Metal Lunchbox a dit…

Seven miles is a good distance in urban snow.

You are gonna totally fly as soon as the slush melts.

Dori a dit…

You're up to 7 miles? I guess I've been away a while. Congratulations!!! Good job listening to your body. It's hard to focus on what feels right, rather than going by the numbers. Glad you're feeling better.

Anne a dit…

Thanks for the kind words this weekend on my blog. I really appreciate it and I hope that your mom is going to be okay.