I am a teacher, I work, thus, in a school. I've noticed this winter that the sports teams jog the hallways of the school when it's too cold to go outside. I bring my 5 year old son after school to stay with me while I do teacher-work a few days a week. He's noticed the indoor runners, too, and from the first time he saw them a few months ago, he has just taken off after the "big boys & girls" whenever he sees them run. And he is pretty fast, according to the big boys & girls and their coaches, ha! He has run with them a handful of times: the swim team, the wrestling team, the basketball team a few times, too.
I decided today to take advantage of a) a place to run indoors instead of in the freezing cold; b) my hyperactive son's interest in burning off some energy, and c) the fact that I KNOW the HS kids. So today, my year old I ran the halls after school with the wrestling team! The big hotshots get a kick out of their teacher's kid lapping them, they are great sports about my son blocking traffic suddenly if he needs to, I dunno, check out a locker or a piece of paper on the floor. And my son feels like a big boy when he catches up to the HS athletes while running:-)
Don't know how far I went, ran a solid 30 min today though, and had a blast with my little guy. Maybe I'll start a new blog soon, WannaBeAWrestler???
30:00
2.5 miles-ish???
12:00/mile-ish
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



8 commentaires:
What a great idea -- for you and your son.
Nicely done! Glad to see you survived the blizzard in fine style!!
That sounds like fun!! I bet the wrestlers loved to see you out there!!
LOL @ the image of you wrestling! what a GREAT circumstance to get your run in, indoors! So cool, it's always good when you can interact with others, that's a healthy thing all around.
I have a great image in my head of a little boy running with the big kids. Great story. Sounds like something out of one of those inspiring sports movies.
ROFL! How cute!
That was a great idea. I bet your son is pestering you about when he can run with the team again!
It's so cool that you are finding ways to make this work for you!
rock on!
Enregistrer un commentaire