2007/02/22

Personal Best Run! and Thanks:-)

For the run that almost wasn't! My son got to run with the wrestlers again after school, but I didn't know they were going to run, so I hadn't brought my sneaks & "playclothes" (as my son calls them). So no run after school. But that turned out ok because here is what I did tonight:

3.10 miles
33:52 (10:55/mile) My fastest 5k ever. ME! Sub-11 miles!

(ok, so I thought I was going to vomit at the end...)

Here are the splits, they are not negative, but I am still basking in them:
Mile 1: 10:50
Mile 2: 10:51
Mile 3: 11:06 (had to wait for cars in the snow banks a few times:-( )
Mile .1: 1:04

On a more serious and grateful note, thank you all so much for your supportive comments and your prayers and thoughts for my mom. I plan to tell her about all this support from so far away. Wow. Peace.

8 commentaires:

Neese a dit…

WOWZA!!! look at those splits! (I'm sure you probably can't stop looking at them!) so even, SO awesome, congrats!

Wes a dit…

Very, very nice. You got to push your limits to expand them! Boy did you push. Were you using your Garmin on that run? Hit the stop button! I bet you'd a had even splits if you had!! Lot's of luv and support for you and yours....

Wes a dit…

Oh, sorry. You got to hit the start button when you start running again. There is also a way to tell it to auto stop and auto start. Like when your pace hits zero :-) I don't use that feature, but maybe I should...

jeanne a dit…

That's awesome progress!! You know you've really done great when the barf factor kicks in. :)

Anne a dit…

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

MNFirefly a dit…

AWESOME pace! Way to go!!

teacherwoman a dit…

Way to go, on your personal best! Isn't that such a wonderful feeling! I love it! That, my friend is one thing that makes me keep coming back for more! Way to push yourself!

Taunya a dit…

So sorry to hear about your Mom. My thoughts are with you sweetie.

"play clothes!" That's awesome! I'll have to remember that!

nice splits too.