2007/02/24

Going long!

New longest run ever achieved on this beautiful 41 degree day:

9 miles
1:55:45 (12:51/mile)
41 windy degrees

Here are the Garmin splits (give or take a few second because I am still figuring out the "Lap" button...):
Mile 1 - 11:48
Mile 2 - 12:48
Mile 3 - 12:48
Mile 4 - 13:00
Mile 5 - 12:47
Mile 6 - 12:55
Mile 7 - 12:51
Mile 8 - 13:11
Mile 9 - 13.25

Definitely felt like I was slowing down at the end, as the splits reveal. But the cool thing is that I did 9 miles today in the time it took me to do 8 at my last longest run. And no potty breaks, woo hoo. Be thankful for small things:-)

10 commentaires:

teacherwoman a dit…

Holy cow, woman! Nice job on the long run! Wahoo!

MNFirefly a dit…

Nice job on the mileage today.

J~Mom a dit…

Awesome job on the long run!!!!! You totally rocked it! I bet it felt great!!!

Taunya a dit…

Very nice run! You really are awesome!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) a dit…

Look at you! 9 miles! You are really doing great.

Also, congrats on the personal PR for your mile (last post). You are gearing up for a GREAT 2007 season.

By the by, I won't be running TCM again this year. We opted to run Chicago Marathon this fall because it is their 30th anniversary. Should be quite the party, with 40,000 runners there!

Wes a dit…

Nice job! You are becoming a marathoner!! You can set your Garmin for automatic intervals. It will record your miles automagically :-)

Dori a dit…

You are doing so well! I set my Garmin 201 to have a lap equal 1 mile. Then I just hit the start and look at my splits when I download the data to my computer. You can also set the Garmin to stop when you're walking or not running, although I found that to be a hassle.

Anonyme a dit…

Great job on the 9 miles. That's awesome! And 41 degrees sounds great. I'd love it if our temps would get back up that high again. Come on Spring!!

Neese a dit…

9 miles!!! did you ever think? OMG! SO impressive, SO cool, and those splits look great! Congrats! You make me miss distance!

jeanne a dit…

that's an awesome run! it looks like we almost run the same pace, well, except you are faster!