First run since stomach virus invaded our whole house. What a week.
6.70 miles
1:19:48 (11:54/mile)
25 degrees, windy, but beautiful
I warmed up for five min on the treadmill before setting out. Ran a mile+ to the track, ran 4 miles there, and a mile+ back. The track had snow & ice on it. Today, I alternated directions to remember what mile I was on, that kept things a little more interesting. Felt pretty good, especially after being out of commission for a week. Knee actually started talking to me (NOT hurting, just making its presence known).
Here is the approx. pace per mile breakdown:
Mile 1 - 11:42/mile
Mile 2 - 11:52/mile
Mile 3 - 11:43/mile
Mile 4 - 12:16/mile
Mile 5 - 11:10/mile (I was trying to finish 5 miles under an hour)
Mile 6+ - 12:34/mile
I am a little disappointed, I was supposed to do 9 miles today, but it was cold, I was rusty, the knee was talking, and nature was calling, so I bagged the last 2.3 miles. Ugh. The HM is still 3 months away, I am not going to freak out just yet. Life happens. It is a little frustrating that I make a little progress (see previous entry, my 1 mile time trial of 9:23--improvement from 9:43 3 months ago) then have a setback. Grr.
I did just run nearly 7 miles, wow.
Now my family is taking me out for my birthday, which got lost in the lunacy of the week. I am 25. Again. ;-)
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



9 commentaires:
That is an awesome effort after coming off an illness. I guess training during the winter for a half or full marathon can be tough, huh? Your average is excellent, and if you were on Dee Dee's plan for the half, you would be spot on. I wouldn't worry about it. You will be fine. Happy Birthday!!
Awesome run!! Nice pace!
It looks great for being sick!! It would look great even if you weren't sick! Great job!!
You are doing so well! Congrats.
Sorry to hear that you've been sick, though. Something must be going around for sure...
Take care, eat lots of vitamin rich stuff to replentish yourself and keep up the good work!
Happy Birthday you 25year old! Embrace your age whatever it is! you just ran 6+ miles! awesome!! I'm looking forward to running that distance again!
Glad you're feeling better! you'll get back on track, don't worry too much about it! Enjoy your birthday celebration!
Glad that you are feeling better and that you got out there. Happy Birthday too. :) Sorry so late.
Happy Birthday. Your progess does amaze me!
Happy Birthday. Your progess does amaze me!
Enregistrer un commentaire