2007/01/28

1 Mile Time Trial then Run

4.25 miles
50:30 (11:52/mile)
39 degrees F.

Ran 1 mile to HS track, did a 1 mile time trial (per Galloway), then did 2 more miles home. Sometimes technology makes things more complicated than it's supposed to--I was psyched to do my 1 mile TT with Garmin for the first time, but I accidently hit STOP when I should have hit LAP to start the TT, so I lost a hard-earned, hard-sweated lap. Grrr. So with a little, um, extrapolating, this is about what my 1 mi TT was:

(NB: I walked for about 15 sec. at the end of each lap)
Lap 1 - 2:10 (est.)
Lap 2 - 2:10
Lap 3 - 2:36
Lap 4 - 2:31
TOTAL - 9:27 mile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, the truth is, I truly thought I might vomit at the end of this. I really wanted to just lean over and let the blood rush to my head. Pathetic, I know. But I forced myself to stay upright and keep walking for about 2 min, then resumed my (slightly slower) 2 miles home. Found my rhythm after a few minutes, and I recovered ok from the TT.

It was a sub 10 mile week, though, bummer. But if I run just .2 miles on Tues, it will be a 40 mile month, woo hoo! I guess HM training is ok...have a 9 miler scheduled for next weekend, yikes, YIKES.

Update Tuesday 1/30 - No running (or anything) today. 5 year old and I were hit yesterday with stomach virus:-(

5 commentaires:

Wes a dit…

Very nice on the time trial. Nothing quite like pushing yourself when you know that one mile is all that matters! I didn't quite feel like hurling, but the lungs were coming up :-) Yay! for nine miles! You can do it. I've got 12 and Dee Dee has 10. We ROCK!!

MNFirefly a dit…

Awesome job!!!

boatgirl a dit…

cool. cool. cool.

J~Mom a dit…

Great job on the TT!!!!!!!!

I hope you all feel better soon!!

Taunya a dit…

Very nice speed!