First run today in a week. It was fine.
3.11 miles
35:24 (11:22/mile)
That is a 5K PR for me by a minute, so that's cool.
Now the slump part of the post. I am having what the French might refer to as a crise de confiance. I am increasingly aware that 13.1 miles is far. Really far. And after sickness and lots of stress at school, as well as the recent cold weather which makes me SO not want to run in the dark and cold (can't run during the day often), I bagged my midweek 30 minute runs two weeks in a row. All of them. So I am putting all the pressure on my weekend run. This is dysfunctional, and I know it-I am, in essence, telling myself I can't do it (due to weather, illness, stress, darkness, whatever), not doing it, and as a result, I am basically sabotaging my April 29 HM. Maybe I've bit off more than I can chew. I am actually entertaining the thought of convincing my SIL (an 8 minute miler who is parallel training for this HM with me, but we don't run together due to schedules and, well, I'd drag her way the heck down) to find a 3rd person and do a marathon relay (with legs of 5 and 8 miles, both of which I know I could do). But I feel like that would be a cop out. Ugh.
My current longest run to date is 8.3 miles on 1/13, a month ago. I stuck with R9/W1 the whole way on that, and I was tired and sore after, but I made it. That was back when winter here in Jersey was 54, the good old days.
I think I will stick by this HM lunacy. I will force myself on the dreadmill if I must (and with snow in the forecast this week, I suspect I must). But I have hit a motivational slump, that I will have to work through. I can't survive a HM on one weekend run a week.
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



6 commentaires:
I don't think you are alone. I've subed my full marathon on March 25 with the half already, and even training for that is becoming hard! Hang in there. The light of day will come out soon enough and we'll all be talking about how much fun running is again!
I'm having to remind Dee Dee to run during the week too. I think she did one run last week and none the week before (just her long run). Just remember you can do "just" the thirty minutes. You don't have to do a set distance. The idea is to recover from your long runs and keep your body tuned. You are doing this for you. If you change your mind. That's OK.
I totally agree with what Wes said. Don't beat yourself up over this. You technically have time to train but only if your heart is in it. Whatever you decide we are cheering for you!!
If it helps, the treadmill can be more motivating when you consider the bitter-cold alternatives. Hey, you've got a big race to imagine while you run in place!
Nice job on the 3+ miles. Oh, how you are not in this boat alone. Things happen, and altering schedules is necessary! Heck, I HAVE to run indoors due to cold weather!
Keep going!! You've come so far and are doing great. Just hang in there and you'll be so glad that you did.
Enregistrer un commentaire