2007/01/09

Snuck in 2 miles

Had a last minute extra-curricular obligation today, so only had time for a 23 minute run before I had to get kiddos. I was in such a rush to get out to the run that I forgot to strap on the HR monitor of the Garmin. Gotta work that into my routine, I guess. Downed some Jelly Belly sport beans as I was getting changed for the run, and then joy of joys, it was a decent 23 minutes, uneventful, my favorite kind of run.

2 miles
23:01 (11:30/mile)

Picked up Marathoning for Mortals, by "The Penguin," John Bingham this weekend (with a Borders coupon, woo hoo) and am devouring it. I will put together a modified Galloway/Mortals HM plan and see how it goes. The plans are similar except the longest run Galloway has on the books is a 15 miler, whereas Bingham's longest is a 10 miler. I would feel better running further than the distance of the HM at least once before the actual race, but I will see how the training progresses.

Today the doubts are subsiding a little. But I am supposed to run 8 miles, my longest to date, this weekend. Not sure how that will work, not sure if I will actually do 8 if I am not Gallowalking. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

EDITED TO ADD: Neese tagged me for an ABC about me post, I will get on that tout de suite, I promise!

6 commentaires:

Neese a dit…

sounds like a nice 2 miler :o) 8 mile territory already, that's awesome you are always smart about your runs if you're not ready you'll know

MNFirefly a dit…

Very nice pace!!

Wes a dit…

I think you can do eight miles. I personally HAVE to Gallowalk. The other thing that helps me on my long runs is to remember I should be running 2 minutes slower than my normal runs. For me, that means 12+ minute miles. Also, if you need to take 2 minute walk breaks, then do it. You will be fine.

J~Mom a dit…

Great two miler!! Don't forget to tell me which Garmin you got. Dh is going to start shopping for me soon;>)! You will do awesome with your eight miles!

teacherwoman a dit…

Hey, it's nice that you were still able to get out there and get some mileage! Better than nothing, right?

Anonyme a dit…

You're doing great. Good luck with your 8 miles. You can do it and you will feel amazing when it's done. There's nothing wrong with Gallowalking. I'm actually planning on doing it for my next HM next month....I also wanted to say thanks for all the encouragement you've given me over at my blog. : )