...inspired by neese, I thought I'd give it a typical Wannabe first time try. My hat off to anyone who does this regularly, whew! As you can see from time & distance covered, I didn't go far or long. But this was a challenge, to haul myself around the track just faster than what is usually comfortable for me.
I could only do 4 reps, I didn't have a smokin' pace or anything (thought Garmin did show 8:50 mile pace for, um, about 10 feet...) but I wanted to see what all this interval talk is all about. I did 4 reps of R400/W200. 4 reps was all I could handle!
Regarding distance & time, here are the bare bones stats: 1.67 miles, 20:34 (12:18/mile)
Here is how it broke down:
400m jog - 3:10 (warm up, 12:40 pace)
200m walk - 1:48 (14:52 pace)
400m run - 2:13 (8:52 pace)
200m walk - 2:01 (16:04 pace)
400m run - 2:17 (8:55 pace)
200m walk - 1:58 (16:14 pace)
400m run - 2:25 (9:28 pace)
200m walk - 2:03 (16:26 pace)
400m run - 2.25 (9:32 pace)
walked a bit to cool down
I have much to learn about this kind of thing. Like learning to start a tad slower and try to end faster. But I hope I can steal a few more daylight track runs in the next few months to try this again. It was pretty tiring, but it is working for neese, I've been hearing about intervals over & over, so maybe it could help me a little, too.
I Leave You With This
Il y a 8 mois



6 commentaires:
How wonderful! You rock, wannabe! Believe me, stick to it and you will see faster results in no time! I HEART my intervals and look forward to improving each time! Keep track of those times so you can compare them. In a few months you will look back on today's intervals and think, wow!
You are looking good!!
girl i am so impressed and proud of you, truly i'm sitting here kinda teared up (ok i'm sensitive but WOW) So cool you gave this a try and isn't it neat to see/prove/discover that you CAN run fast... and it's just a matter of time before you WILL see improvement and you will run faster for longer than 400. YOU SO ROCK! get it girl! :)
Those are very nice intervals. One of things you should consider... Instead of doing 400s right off the bat, try doing 100s or even 200s and work your way up! We didn't start our running doing a 10K! Work your way up to the 400s and enjoy the process of improving...
Oh boy, I think I need to try these soon!! Great job getting out there and doing it!!!
Welcome to speedwork. It's a lot of fun once you get the hang of it and especially when you're on the last one!
Enregistrer un commentaire