2007/01/21

I'm back, Baby

5.57 miles
1:05:32 (11:45/mile)

Gorgeous day, napping toddler, husband home with preschooler...and a disappointing dreadmill run yesterday all swirled together to push me out the door--very willingly--to make up for yesterday.

25 degrees out, just beautiful. I warmed up inside, walking 5 min on the treadmill and ran out the door. Loved that, I didn't start off all frozen, though I think my legs were freezing up a bit, felt the need to stop & stretch 'em twice.

No aches & pains, no real potty issues, just a beautiful run. Woo hoo. And oh, a sub-12 min pace the whole way. Yes. YES! I R10/W1.5, then R8.5/W1.5 the rest of the way. Wasn't an "easy" run, but it was not torture.

9 commentaires:

Wes a dit…

A nice solid run, and a long one at that! Woo hoo! You are a real trooper for getting out there with those cool temps! I think that's really cool. No pun intended :-)

teacherwoman a dit…

Nice job on the run! Sounds like it was a good one!

jeanne a dit…

nice job! you are braver than me! I stayed inside and ate soup. :)

MNFirefly a dit…

Very nice run!!

Anonyme a dit…

Woo! Good job on getting out there in the cold and you kept a sub-12 pace at that. Nice.

J~Mom a dit…

Great job on the run!! Sounds really cold to me!! Your pace was fantastic!

boatgirl a dit…

You are rocking and rolling!!Good job. I've been out of the loop for a minute. Work stuff and trying to catch up...

Anne a dit…

Now I know I'm spoiled when I read that 25 degrees was perfect weather (maybe for a polar bear!). It's amazing to watch your steady improvement.

Erica a dit…

I just love good runs. I also think it is great how all runners have many times where they say, "I am back." I think that is what it is all about. We keep coming back for more & don't give in or up.