2007/01/13

8 Miler

Furthest distance yet!

My legs started getting sore around mile 6 or 7. Biggest challenge: multiple potty breaks. Luckily, HS gym was open:-) How the heck do distance runners control their bladder for 2 or 3 hours?!?!?!

8.30 miles
1:52:38 (13:34/mile)

Need a shower and a pbj sandwich. I feel sore but really glad I did this, woo hoo.

7 commentaires:

Wes a dit…

Oh, yea! That is sweet. I don't have problems needing to pee on the run, but if the other happens. Watch out! LOL. That's an idealic first 8 miler. Well done. An Advil or two will help with the soreness. Way.To.Go!!!

Neese a dit…

WAHOOO!!! WOW 8 MILES! you should be so proud of yourself, that is a long distance, the more you do it you'll develop a system of hydration, potty breaks, etc... you've moved to a whole notha level!

J~Mom a dit…

Yes!! You did it!! 8 miles!!!!!!!!

Ugh, I don't know about the potty breaks. We will have to find that out together. LOL

jeanne a dit…

congratulations! and to answer your question, um, some of us, err, don't control it. we just have no shame!

Anne a dit…

Ah, now you know why nutrition and hydration are so important to marathoners. Eight miles is terrific, especially for someone who began with a blog called Wanna be 5k-er!

Lesley Looper a dit…

Wow, that's great! High fives to you! Keep it up! :-)

boatgirl a dit…

In regards to potty, for Chi I only went one time. How? I fixed my mind on a mile marker and stayed with that. You also have to practice that in your trining. You can do it.