I totally bagged my long run this weekend to do Christmas preparations:-( That said, I stole a half hour today and actually ran in the daylight at the HS track today. Ran a short 2 miles, 1/8 mile walk break in there at the halfway mark, but ran the rest of the way. Felt good.
2 miles
23:55 (approx 12 min/mile)
The doc (who is a heart guy as well as a gp) says that whatever is making my pulse race is NOT life-threatening, first & foremost, so that is good. But he is sending me for a stress test (you walk/run on a treadmill and they watch your heart) the day after Christmas to see if they can figure out what is making it happen when I exercise. Possible solutions, based on what, if anything, they find, could be 1) slow the heck down (like I'm speeding along already with my 12-minute miles, right?;-)), or 2) give me some sort of medicine to take before I exercise to keep it in control.
But that's the scoop, everything else with me is A-OK! He didn't say to stop running, he gave me props for starting:-)
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



6 commentaires:
Yay! That's such good news! You'll be a marathoner before ya know it, 12 minute miles at a time!! Woo hoo!!
Woohoo!! I am so glad to hear you are ok!! Keep running, we are almost through the craziness of the holidays!
When you got your shoes fit, where did you go? I have a friend who lives there that wants to get some running shoes and couldn't find a store that did the analysis.
way to get a run in! - and that's so awesome about the doc giving you a good bill of health and props!
Nice job on the run. And thank goodness your heart is okay!
That's awesome news!
You should be able to ace that stress test. :-) Merry Chirstmas
Enregistrer un commentaire