These Christmas preparations are wearing us down here. We were up every night this week till midnight...final exam for grad class Monday, making teacher gifts Tues, Wed & Thurs after my work holiday party...finally found time for a run today in the daylight. It was a run I did not know I would get to take, so I had a black bean burger earlier while last minute Christmas shopping with my husband.
Black bean burger is NOT a good pre-run meal. File that piece of knowledge away.
I took a few walk breaks, but was sure to run slower and longer...here's what I did.
R12/W2, R10/W4, R8/W3, R3/W1, R5
3.87 miles
50:13 (12:58/mile)
Taking it slow & easy till the stress test...it's the day after Christmas. I am starting to have the slightest concern that the sickness and stress of the last few weeks which has resulted in less milage could jeopardize my HM in April, but I will keep pushing that thought out of my head for the time being.
Wishing my fellow RBFers and Running Bloggers a blissful, healthful and peaceful holiday.
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



7 commentaires:
Happy holidays to you too. And I could have warned you about the black bean burger ahead of time.
I think you will still be fine for April!! Most HM training plans are 12-16 weeks. You will still smoke it! Hope you have a great time with your family the next few days!
Hang in there. You will do great!
Happy Holidays! Take it easy, based on my training and the forced break to take care of me, I know you'll have plenty of time and will be ready for April.
Merry Christmas!! Nothing is jeapordizing your HM. Yet. Get that stress test done and take it from there. Warm wishes for you and your family.
Glad I'm not the only one struggling to balance it all. I am sure you will do great!
Jelly beans are not good pre-run fuel either! :) Hope the stress test went well!
Enregistrer un commentaire