SIX AND A HALF MILES! That is 10.69K!!!
This is also the first week I've ever gone above10 miles in weekly mileage.
Gorgeous day, about 50 degrees & sunny. Gave myself permission to run slowly since I was going for 6 miles. There was never, not for a second, any doubt in my mind that I'd finish this run; nothing hurt, wasn't really out of breath, tummy behaving, etc. All systems were "go." I felt so good at 6 miles that I realized a measly half mile more would be half of a HM. So I pushed for it. I was mindful of not pushing any further since my previous long run was only 5 miles.
Ran a mile to the HS track, did 4.5 miles on the track, ran the mile home. With music, since it was daylight! Since I was running so slowly, I decided to up my usual R3/W1 to R4/W1, and all was groovy that way:-)
Made a cool discovery today, too. I've had trouble in the past keeping track of how many laps I've run at the track before. Today I had a stroke of genius (if I do say so myself), I ran in Lane 1 the first time around, Lane 2 the second time, Lane 3 the third and Lane 4 the fourth. That's how I remembered what lap I was on:-) Then, each mile I finished, I'd drop something at the start line, like leaving a breadcrumb trail for me to "count": Mile 1 I put my cellphone down; Mile 2 put one glove, Mile 3 the other glove...I feel pretty clever for coming up with this trick:-D (don't burst my bubble if this is some ancient runner's trick...just let me feel smart today, ok??;-))
I also discovered I like running at the track. A lot. First, it's cushy; second, my little lane number counting trick keeps my mind occupied.
So here are the stats, I can't believe they belong to moi:
6.64 miles
1:25:16 (12:50/mile)
Of course, not all is rosy...I guess a person can't run for an hour and a half without some minor aches & pains. One ankle [previously sprained twice 20 yrs ago] was a little sore at the end of this (doesn't hurt now, though); and one [previously broken 10 yrs ago] toe is starting to ache a little, too. But that is all. That's ALL!
I'm taking it slow, taking it cautiously, and taking it one run at at time:-)



12 commentaires:
I do something similar when I swim by myself. I keep a kickboard at the end of the lane. Every set I move the kickboard to the right one tile. Works great!
It's weird that you lose ability to do simple tasks like count when exercising. I always tell my lanemates that I can't lead long sets because I lose count. So embarrassing!
Jodi
We are in the same groove! Cool! I did my first eight the other day, and boy was I ever sore all over the place... Very, very nice!
Nice job!! Doesn't it feel wonderful??
ok this is SO cool! you are doing awesome with the increased mileage and are such the runner with those fancy track techniques!! love it! keep it up girlfriend :o)
That's fantastic! I haven't been able to run because it's been so cold. We've had highs in the teens and lows in the single digits. I was all set to run this morning when DH told me it was 3 degrees with a 15 below wind chill. Too cold to run!
nice job. i'm jealous as i need to get out there! right now we are without power due to the storm. sounds familiar. so camping out at friend's homes with the kids is the top priority right now. you had a good pace too. keep it up. don't forget to carry something with you to snack on, as you are to eat something every 45 minutes to an hour when you are working out long distance. it helps. :)
Great run! It's so easy to lose count on a track- good technique.
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! You did it!! Those numbers do belong to you!
I think your method for keeping track is excellent! Our track doesn't have lanes otherwise I might try that as well.
Great job!
Awesome job on the run. I am sympathize on the ankle stuff.
Congratulations on your half half-marathon. I like the cushioned surface of the track, too. It's also great for practicing speed work.
Girl..you are getting into crazy distances where friends will start looking at you strangely when you talk about running. Just so you know, we're all here to listen to it all!!! It's them that are nuts, not us of course!!
Great job on the new distance!!
congrats!!! that's a neat trick. I am constantly losing "track" of laps at the track. I usually yell whatever number i'm on out loud...at our tracks, the protocol is pretty strict so you only move into lanes 2, 3 or 4 if you are doing your recovery lap...but it's a brilliant idea! Love the breadcrumbs too!
Enregistrer un commentaire