2006/11/30

New Shoes!



At my second 5K ever about a month ago I received a 20% off coupon for a running store. Dh kindly got home at a decent hour so I could go there and get myself properly fitted for some shoes before the coupon expired TODAY! Phew! I made it!

Very interesting process. I felt almost like a fancy-schmancy Olympic athlete, not some Wannabe:-) First, the owner asked me my 'complaints.' I really had none, so next she just gave me some non-support shoes to run a bit on her treadmill while she videoed my gait. "You're an overpronator," she accused! I told her not to use that kind of language on me;-) So she fitted me with some "support" shoes (do we have to use the word "support?" makes me feel kind of old). Neat experience, very professional, I just felt very listened to.

I then head out at 9 pm tonight for the run. It was still 66 degrees! November 30, that is crazy! It was ok, I was kind of out of breath the whole way, maybe it was the "heat," who knows...kept telling myself to slow down and get a grip. I did R3W1, all was well.

3.13 miles
36:12 (11:33/mile)
66 degrees, 71% humidity

So thanks, DH, for supporting me in this running thing, I couldn't do this if you weren't on board:-)
Speaking of underdogs...GO RUTGERS THIS WEEKEND!!

11 commentaires:

Wes a dit…

You ARE a fancy schmancy athlete!! You ROCK :-)

JeffM a dit…

My running shoes used to lean in after awhile from pronation. Got the support shoes and that stopped. 66 degrees- sounds nice.

Jodi a dit…

I never realized how important picking the right shoe can be until recently. And how quickly you need to buy a new pair! 300 miles seems like a puny amount of distance for a shoe that costs >$100!

Jodi

Anonyme a dit…

Congrats on the new shoes!! You aren't a wannabe anymore! You are a "be"! You rock!

66 degrees? You somehow got my weather!

Anonyme a dit…

Great! I recently got new New Balance shoes too, and am enjoying them a lot.

I did a "5K" search and found your blog. I'm working on mastering the 5K too, before moving up and up. Good luck to you!

Anne a dit…

Be careful: running shoe shopping can be addictive. Next thing you know, you've got a slew of shoes in your closet that you can't seem to part with. Bronze the first pair, then use the rest for yardwork!

teacherwoman a dit…

Nice job on the three miles! New kicks are wonderful! Love them!

Anonyme a dit…

You got some NB 767's. YOU ROCK! I need to get to the running store very soon to get my marathon shoes...and quick to break them in.

BTW, could you send some warmth up here too?

Anonyme a dit…

girl you did fabulous on that run! congrats on the new shoes, sounds like you went to fleet feet, i love that store too

Anonyme a dit…

Great run, and Fabulous shoes!!!

boatgirl a dit…

if those are the 1224's then that's what i did chicago in. i'll use those for my hm training too. good choice. your feet will love you for them.