For me, anyway...
I officially registered for an 8K this Thursday, Thanksgiving morning. In anticipation of that, I figured I'd better run a little further today.
3.81 miles
45:57 (12:03/mile)
I was so disappointed, I thought my route was 4 miles even, oh well...My legs were very very tired on this run. From about 2 miles into it, they were lead-like and a little sore. So I slowed down, used my R3W1 breaks, and kept in mind that I want fresh legs for the 8K, not for the stupid training run.
I hope to finish the 8K in under an hour. If my legs are this tired it will be tough, so I'll take it kind of easy this week, maybe run a mile or two one day. But I really want to run this race, you don't see a lot of 8K's out there, and I am NOT ready for a 10K:-)
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



11 commentaires:
You will do great!! Sounds like fun.
I bet you can do it in under an hour!!
I hate it when I map out my run and it comes in under.
Good luck on the 8K!!
8k is a great distance..the perfect distance! have fun with it!
(and yeah, that was me over there at CRN!)
Good luck on the 8K.
Hope the legs recover- do you do the whey and flax smoothies?
Have fun - sounds like a great challenge. :)
Youi will do an awesome job!! Have fun.
Bah! You can do a 10K. Remember your long runs are supposed to be 1-2 minute pace slower than your normal runs. Don't kill yourself building endurance. Looks to me like your pace was just about right...
Have a great 8K!!
My smoothie recipe is:
blueberries
Marionberry Yogurt
banana
spoon of peanut butter
spoon of flax oil
scoop or two of chocolate whey protien powder
lite chocolate soy milk
The flax oil has a high fat count- but is supposed to restore muscles. Papa Louie and Deb (Green Pea) use flax seed powder in their recipes. Papa Louie is where I got the idea for mine.
I'm so excited for you! You will do great. And I agree with Wes--I bet you could do a 10K.
Catching-up! Glad to see everything’s going well! Good luck at that 8k this week and you’re definitely ready for a 10k next!
Thanks for your encouraging comments! I think you are going to do fine on the 8K - it's a nice distance. Once you've done that, then you'll have confidence for the 10K. Can't wait to hear how you do!
Are you going to change your title? Wanna-be a ????
Enregistrer un commentaire