2006/11/26

Not resting on my 8K laurels for long...back to training

Weird run. Started off so nicely--I was enjoying the crisp night and neighborhood Christmas lights, that was a peaceful few moments as the crazy holiday season begins. But the run went south fast at mile 2.5...more on that later.

3.35 miles

41:15 (12:18/mile)

The numbers don't tell the whole story. Just like last month, I had the rapid heartrate thing again at exactly 30 minutes into the run with about .8 mile to go--don't worry, NOT shortness of breath, just a racing heart (don't know how better to explain it)--so I took a 6 min walk break right then to calm heart down. Which is when the infernal side stitch began. I resumed light jogging for 2 min but the pain of the stitch was too much, walked a minute more. I finished "strong" (read: jogging) with about 2 min jogging which brought me to the end of my route.

NOTE: I am glad I have a full checkup scheduled for about 2 weeks from now. And the GP is also a heart specialist. I am sure I'm fine, but it will be good to hear it from a pro.

8 commentaires:

JeffM a dit…

Hope it turns out to be nothing. Good luck.

Wes a dit…

First of all, congratulations on your 8K. You did an awesome job and should be proud. Of course you are ready for a 10K. You said so yourself. Going another mile would have been no problem, and your time would have been excellent.

I'm definitely glad you are going in for a checkup, but your rapid heart rate and stitch could be caused by shallow breathing. Not out of breath type breathing, just shallow. You may want to slow down a little and breath deeply and see how it goes....

Anonyme a dit…

aw, i'm sorry you have to go thru that even if it's harmless, glad you'll be seeing the doc, make sure you tell him you've been "off the couch"! :)

teacherwoman a dit…

I am sure it just nothing. Good luck though!

Anonyme a dit…

((hugs)) Positive thoughts for you.

Jodi a dit…

It's great that you are getting everything checked out. Do you wear a heart rate monitor? If so, how high does your heart rate get?

Jodi

Anonyme a dit…

Ugh, I am sorry the about the rapid heart rate. I am glad you getting it checked out. I actually think I have felt it before, it's almost like your heart speed up for a minute? Let us know what the doc says.

Anonyme a dit…

Glad you're getting it checked out. I'm sure it's nothing, but please keep us posted.