Ran on the treadmill a second time due to the cold--it's 40 degrees outside! It's dark, chilly, and I am suddenly very grateful for the treadmill I have ignored for five+ years!
Galloway said to Run/Walk for 30 min, so I did. I think I'm following his HM training plan, I'll try for a few weeks to see how I do. It's basically run 30 min 2 days during the week, then take increasingly long runs on the weekend. We shall see. I may ditch the HM at the end of April, but I still hold out a glimmer of hope that I can keep building a healthy, injury-free base, slowly increasing speed and mileage. Gee, I'm not asking too much, right?
So the treadmill and I are not yet friends. We are still getting used to each other. I thought I was hauling butt, but turns out my pace was over 12min/mile! I have the incline set to "0", but yet I still perceive a slight incline. So me and my treadmill, well, we are still getting to know each other. I have a healthy respect for her, and I hope we will be good friends.
2.45 miles
30:00 (12:14/mile)
And re: the racing heart...no sign of it tonight. But yeah, I'll confess I want to rule out bad stuff, so I have resolved to schedule a long overdue physical. Thanks for the words of concern, I am on it!:-)
I Leave You With This
Il y a 8 mois



6 commentaires:
I asked a while back how running on the treadmill compares to running on the street. We all know it is definitely softer, but the mill is doing some of the work for you. So, in short, you need to set the incline to 1 or 2 to "simulate" being on the road.
If your goal is to do a half in April, I think that is very reasonable. Nobody says you have to run the whole damn thing. Hell, Juls over at http://www.breakingthetape.com/keeping-pace/ just walked 10 miles of her half with a bad foot. Don't sell yourself short.
I'm doing Galloway's year round plan, sort of, and I just run 3 miles on the days he calls for thirty minutes. Every once in a while I try to get them in around 30, but not often :-)
Did I mention your training is going awesome? Your training is goign awesome!!
Glad you found an alternative to going outside! That sounds way chilly! I know I need to find a bike or treadmill for when our temps get to 120 next summer. Bleah. For now I am enjoying our nice weather.
Sounds like a great training plan!
So you know, I am not really fond of the treadmill at times. I agree with Wes that you need to set the incline to 1.0 to 1.5 - where I usually set mine.
It's not fun to get cold outside either. Keep up the great work.
Hi, fellow 5K'r here. Just looking for friends to talk about running with. Visit my on my space. Do you mind if I keep up with your blog?
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm happy to meet a fellow newbie runner and look forward to watching your progess. You're already my hero for running 4 miles. The most I've done straight is 3. ....Seems like lots of people here are fans of the Galloway plan. I'll have to pick up his book this weekend and check it out. I've already joined a training program, but since my HM is in January, I need all the help I can get.
that's cute your treadmill is a she :o) -- i'm grateful i have mine too especially when it's dark or the weather is bad... keep on running girl you are doing great :o)
Enregistrer un commentaire