2006/10/25

Fluke! Sub-Ten Minute Mile (Yes, you are at the right blog)

Dh was home recovering from being sick, so I took advantage of daylight and left the kids with him for a half hour to go to the HS track to do a Galloway-recommended 1 mile time trial.

It was 47 degrees, with a blustering, knock-me-out-of-the-lane gusty wind on one side of the track. Very tough wind on half the run!

Jogged a 1/2 mile warmup, walked 1/2-way around the track then took off for a one mile run. I pushed it and pushed it. Walked for 15 seconds at the completion of each lap. And the time? 9:43. ME! That was not a sustainable pace, and I was pretty spent at the end of it. But maybe it is a glimpse of what I will some day be able to do...(you running veterans must be laughing at my striving for a sub-10 min mile, lol, but each of us is his own opponent, ya know?)

Was going to slow jog a 1/2 mile cool down, but it got dark and I realized the football team had gone in, leaving me alone on the dark track. I was outta there.

Good run, imho!

7 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

That's awesome. I did a timed mile two weeks ago and came in at 10:59, so you have me beat.

Anonyme a dit…

that is SO awesome!! i want to do some track work after the half.... getting a glimpse is a good boost, you're doing great!

Anonyme a dit…

Yes, I'd be flattered if you added my link. I've already added yours to my blog.And thanks for letting me about boatgirl's blog. I'll be checking it out.

Anonyme a dit…

That's fantastic!!

MNFirefly a dit…

Awesome job!!

Taunya a dit…

That's great. I've been running for 8 months now and can't even fathom a sub 10 minute mile...Maybe some day!

Liv a dit…

Great run! I've just started doing the mile time trials, and they are sooooooooooo satisfying, in spite of (or because of) the fact that they are so gruelling! Keep it up - you're sure to get faster!