Furthest I've ever gone. Had this weird rapid heartrate thing about .25 miles into the run. Inexplicable--it was cool, still daylight, I was not yet out of breath, but my heartrate jumped, I could feel it (I don't have a monitor) . This has happened to me once every few years, always in a sport situation but never while at full exertion (i.e., while stretching before a softball game). I slowed way the heck down, walked even more in the run/walk routine, and got it back down about 15 min later. I was never out of breath or in distress, just could feel my heart racing.
The good news is that I fought out of it, and nearly 53 min later finished a 4 miler. Safely.
4.15 miles
52:50 (12:43/mile)
Really slow. Lots of walking to get myself together. But I felt fine at the end, really, not exhausted or sucking wind. Bet the legs will be a little sore tomorrow, though.
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



4 commentaires:
that is so awesome that you are increasing distance and venturing into uncharted territory!! the heart thing scares me tho :( maybe talk to you PCP about it?
hey there: nice job on increasing your distance (and your speed earlier this week too!)
Your heart thing might be related to increased training (and in big time humidity, if I read your blog correctly....)
However, you might mention this to a doctor for an opinion. Just make sure that the MD is a "running friendly" MD and not one that would say "just don't run then".
You are doing GREAT!
Sorry about your heart racing. I have felt that before as well. I would just check with your doc on it. Or you could ask the school nurse tomorrow. If you have a friendly one. :>)
Great job increasing your distance!! Keep up the great work!
That is fantastic! Good for you!! I echo neese. You might want to make sure your ticker is in good shape before going too much further.
Once you get past 4 miles, our legs are almost always sore the next day! But it keeps getting better and better.
Enregistrer un commentaire