2006/10/18

Broke 11!

I was pushing the pace the whole run, so it was a tough one. I still decided to use intervals of run 4/ walk 1...then 3/1, a few 2/1's...and then, mercifully, it was done!

2.09 miles
22:09 (10:35/mile)

I only had enough juice in me for 2 miles, but I can't believe I broke the 11:00 barrier! I guess I can speed things up just a little if I run/walk. I am mindful that speed kills newbies (that's what the folks @ CoolRunning say often!), and I am in no danger of excessive speed. I think this weekend's run will be longer and slower.

But despite 81% humidity, and only two miles, I have a slightly quicker pace in me. Woo hoo!

7 commentaires:

Wes a dit…

Very, very nice. Good endurance allows us to run faster on the short runs. It even helps us run a bit faster when we know we have a walk break too! You are AWESOME!!

Ryan a dit…

Belated congratulations on your second 5k...your dedication and commitment paid off!! Keep up the great work!

Anonyme a dit…

You are improving so much with each run!! Keep it up!!

MNFirefly a dit…

WOW! That's awesome!!

Anonyme a dit…

awwww! i am so happy right along with you! i saw the title of you post and i just felt so proud! :-)

Anonyme a dit…

That's terrific!!!!

Dori a dit…

You're doing so well! Running is great for setting goals and getting a feeling of accomplishment.