Awesome Halloween night! 58 degrees, decent humidity for Jersey, and I feel so good now that I've done this run I had been dreading. After running 5 miles this weekend, I wondered if that was a fluke, if I could really run, etc., etc. You know, those doubts that creep up on you after kicking butt in some fashion when your confidence should be really high...
BUT...I had a regular run tonight, pushed the pace a little but never to the point of desperation. And woo hoo, I ran a couple miles in the 10 min range, woo hoo. Did I say woo hoo yet? Woo hoo!
2.63 miles
28:09 (10:42/mile)
So running a HM seems nuts and beyond my reach to most folks, but here's the real reason I want to do it. I fell in major "like" with Disney World this past summer when we took the kiddos there. As a slow newbie runner, I could never justify the expense of entering an expensive "destination" event like that (airfare, staying at Disney, etc.) unless I knew I could complete the task. Nor could I justify the day or two off from work--schools don't look too kindly on teachers that ask for days off right after a 10 day Christmas break, ya know? So I want to run the local Jersey HM this Spring, be sure I can do it, then aim for Disney in January 2008.
So that is my dream. My past two runs make me believe I could do it. Definitely not easy, undoubtedly crazy for this thirty-something wife, mom, teacher and recovering couch potato. But by golly, I want to take my kids on the Buzz Lightyear ride in January '08 and "earn" our time there, so this seems like a cool way to do it:-)
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



6 commentaires:
Awesome run. Way to go!!
Wooooo!That's awesome.
You ARE.A.RUNNER! Of course you can do a half marathon. If you want, we can do this thing together. Training that is. Our halves are in different parts of the country :-) Once soccer season is over next weekend, I'll be able to do my long runs on Sunday, which will probably drop back to 6 or 7 miles. That should be right in your ball park by then.
How can we fail when we have such great support, like Neese showing us how to get'er done, such great attitudes (you ROCK!), and such fantastic dreams. By 2008, Disney is going to be a piece of cake for you.
Can I join you and Wes in training for a half? I realllly want to do it! I have a little catch up to do to get where you are but I will work hard, I promise. :>)
Great job on your run!
I'm in for the HM training as well. Can I join you and Wes? Thanks for the hug on my line too. Most appreciative. My HM is April 15, 2007.
I know you can do a half. Find a good training schedule (Hal Higdon has one on his website--free). It's a long way to run, but definitely attainable.
Enregistrer un commentaire