Ok, so the ladies with strollers finished ahead of me. The old guys did, too. And yeah, so did the children. Ok, and even a walker beat me, lol. But alas, I didn't finish completely last, but pretty close...with head held high and smiling the whole way because I ran my race.
Can't thank my dh enough for coming out with the kiddos and entertaining them for the 40-ish minutes I was away from them. He deserves a medal, because these kids were bored silly. So here are some pix, thanks to dh for taking them, too.
DS #1, I think he actually stole that balloon from someone, but we won't talk about that....

DS #2, wanted to run around, not sit in a stroller for a half hour! Balloon kept him busy for a few minutes, anyway.

Me, coming into the finish--I'm running, do you see that? Yeah, not many people behind me.

I finished! Woo hoo!!

Thanks for looking! And btw, if you have a moment, head on over to MNFirefly's blog--she is training for PF Chang's R&R Marathon in AZ and fundraising for Team in Training having had Leukemia affect her family and loved ones. Looks like a good cause, support a fellow running blogger with a donation if you can, and/or certainly by sending some supportive vibes her way!



9 commentaires:
Good job on your second 5K! I think 36:xx is pretty respectable. My dream is to someday do a 30 minute 5K. Your children are really cute. :-)
congratulations!!! your race was a GOOD one! and a PR! WAHOO!!! love the photos, the first ones face looks like he's up to something indeed. lol
You are making fantastic progress! You rocked your PR. Woo hoo! We are all so proud of you!!!!!! Fantastic, and your family is behind you to boot. Good for you.
Fabulous race!! Sounds just like mine when I started!! Back-of-the-packers RULE!
Beautiful family--you are very blessed!
Congratulations!!! That was a great race for you!! Great pics (and a happy family) to boot.
Good on you!
Congratulations!!! I'm glad you did so well!
Yay!!! Great job and a PR to boot. Remember the race is not given to the swift or the strong, but he who endures to the end. Great job and continue to have fun! And thanks for the well wishes for next Sunday too..
Way to go!!!!!!! You did it and you ran *your* race and that is what feels the best inside!!
Your kids are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing their pics! I have a almost three year old, your older one looks about that age?
Anyway, great job again!!
Wonderful news. You keep this up and you'll be breathing down some Kenyan's back before too long.
Enregistrer un commentaire