Great backup plan, but it was bittersweet.
I have no idea how to program the thing, if I can at all. I sucked wind for the first 10 min, saw that I was only going 4.2 mph and thought "No way, that is about a 15 min/mile, slower than what I usually do, what the heck???!!!" It was then I realized the freakin' incline was, well, inclined! Crud! Then I looked at the distance travelled--after 10 min, mind you, and it said ".25 miles." WHAT??!?!?!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!!????? Turns out the bugger resets each time you change speeds.
After that first 10 min, I decided to Gallowalk 2/1 because I thought my head was going to pop off from the tedium and the wind-sucking. Gallowalking saved the pathetic workout.
[<<obligatory stats>
Not a confidence builder going into my second-ever 5K this Sat, but the next time I write, I will be a 2-time 5Ker:-)
PS--What made me think of Gallowalking tonight? Glad you asked:-) I just bought Half Marathon, You CAN Do It by Jeff Galloway. Yep, I am thinking of doing one at the end of April. I suck wind at 3 miles but yet, can't get this out of my mind. I think I am most definitely in a mid-life crisis, thank goodness I have a supportive husband;-)



7 commentaires:
Ya know. When I did my long run Tuesday, my breathing was very comfortable, despite the sub-12 minute pace and the sore muscles. Once you start picking up your mileage, you will suprise yourself.
GL in your race. Remember: Rock your PR!! You will be awesome!!!
That's fantastic that you're going to do a HM!! I've got my eye on one next Labor Day, but I will hopefully be pregnant then, so that's out.
Good luck in your race this weekend!
That sounds like a great idea!! Now that your an accomplished 5ker it's nice to have a new goal to work towards!! Have a great race this weekend!!
OMG! That really stinks. It's great that you are taking the next step.
have a great run on sat. I am sure you will fly!
How about a CMR article on your experience learning to run? Justa thought... www.careermomradio.com
meg
Good Luck on your race. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Argh...sorry about the treadmill!! That sounds frustrating! You have been working so hard that your 5K will go great! Can't wait to hear about it!
Enregistrer un commentaire