2006/09/09

HH 5K Novice - Week 3, Day 3

Here it is for this morning, with NO WALKING, oh yeah:

2.05 miles

25:13 (12:18/mile)


To be honest, it wasn't that bad. I wouldn't have minded walking a bit, but when I felt myself getting too pooped I slowed down (even more).

The temp was about 60, humidity in th 90's. Again, that humidity seems to make things a little more difficult, but luckily it was cool enough to not be too much of a factor. I think it's kind of cruel how the humidity drops as the day goes on...like you're punished for getting up and at 'em early! :-P

I feel good about these last two workouts with NO walking breaks, woo hoo.

Moving on to 2.25 mile run Monday, before I head to school.

7 commentaires:

Anne a dit…

Just so you know, I've had trouble posting comments a few times now. In any event, it's great that you're able to keep up the running with school in session and not needing to walk in between. Amazing what a little better weather can do, huh?

MNFirefly a dit…

Nice running today. I wish it was back in the 70's with the sun shining here.

Wes a dit…

I find that I enjoy my endurance runs the best because I run at a speed that allows me to keep my breath and feel comfortable. Its at those times that I don't feel the need to walk. The runs are just good, but you already know that, so I'm just basically repeating what you said :-) Fantastic run! You are getting better and better and better!

Mrs. Snark a dit…

Great job!!! You are really in the groove now!

Thanks for the encouraging words about the biospy/tattoo stuff!

Neese a dit…

you are approaching your training in a very smart way and the results are showing, good for you!

Marathon Maritza a dit…

Hurray for no walking breaks! You are doing AWESOME!!

Taunya a dit…

Great run! congrats on the no walking breaks. That's a big step.