2006/08/17

Pre-5K Run : Soon-to-be 5K-er

0.87 miles
10:01 (11:30/mile)

I'm an idiot, thought I went a mile. Duh. I definitely went out too fast, that pace is soo not me.

Ate 1/2 banana & drank some coffee an hour before running to cleanse my stomach, lol. The almost-mile felt good, no probs.

Saturday I become a 5Ker! If I survive the run, I'll change the blog title:-P As Michelle pointed out (her first 5K is the same day as mine), first bib, first race, first chip, how exciting. My race is "down the Shore" (as we say in Jersey), about 1 hr 20 min away, so I'll get up around 4:30, do the cleansing coffee & 1/2 banana thing, then get in the car with supportive husband and kiddos around 6:15--on a Saturday, my husband is a saint.

Can't wait! I'm nervous but as ready as I'll ever be. Thanks to all of you for your encouragement through this little[seemingly] milestone!

9 commentaires:

Ryan a dit…

I love your couch to 5k post……All your hard work will pay off…..good luck!

Mrs. Snark a dit…

Good job on your tapering this week. I think we are as prepared as we're gonna be! Like you, I'm so excited! My race is a little closer than yours, but I've already warned my husband that I will be a FREAK about getting there early. Probably means a lot of tense waiting around, but who cares. I want my PACKET and NUMBER!

I still can't believe we're doing this! Can't wait for your race report!

Meg a dit…

Have a great time on Saturday. I know you'll do great, but I can't wait for the details.

Wes a dit…

Remember to start out slow. When you feel like your body has adjusted, give it your all! Finish strong!

Wes

boatgirl a dit…

Congratulations and have fun. Looking forward to reading all of the results.

Neese a dit…

coffee/banana is a good 'clearing system' huh? :)

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and looking forward to your report!! no matter how it turns out time wise you should be SO PROUD!!!

XOXO

Anonyme a dit…

Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how it went.

Lora a dit…

Little milestone???? This is BIG girl--life-changing BIG--now you'll be keeping 4 safety pins in your car all the time!!

Good luck--looking forward to reading all about it.

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) a dit…

GOOD LUCK today!

Can't wait to read your Post Race Report!