Modified again. Ran at NIGHT this time to try to combat my, um, digestive issues. Ran 2 miles in 26 min with a 1/8 mile walking break after first mile. Cramps started at end of last lap, but that was the end of my problems, thankfully.
Hopefully my body can hang on Saturday for another mile before the cramps (or anything worse) come. I will finish, though!
So I am still experimenting with what to eat, how long before running, and whether to run at night or in the morning. I have LOVED my morning runs this summer. But since I approached the 2.5-3 mile mark, my stomach does not. So maybe running at night is the answer to continue this wonderful new hobby/sport I have finally discovered.
2 miles
26:00 (13:00/mile)
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



5 commentaires:
i think when you are new to running your body in general is trying to adapt.... i was thinking back on my earlier days and i do recall lots of pains, and stomach issues too.
everyone is different, but what worked for me for the 5ks is to drink as much as possible in the day or 2 before the event, but have nothing that morning except maybe an early coffee and then pee/p. as much as possible before leaving the house.... you can always grab a water at the water stops if you feel dehydrated, but likely you can get thru and drink up at the end.
just a thought, i'm new to this too and always evaluating/experimenting
Hi there! I ditto Neese. It's a lot of trial and error. Unsolicited advice..;), don't over do hydration prior to and eat maybe 1/4, 1/2 banana before. Jut enough to give you a little 'shot' of energy, easily digestible and shouldn't create bloating issues. Or, you could tell me to keep my advice to myself..;)
keep running and have fun!
A suggestion for your cramps... Make sure you are breathing deeply, and not just using the upper part of your lungs. You have to breath "with your belly" and pull air all the way into your lower lungs and then expel the stale air. I am not an expert, and I am rarely affected by cramps, but this is what I have learned. Hope it helps.
Wes
Keep it up. I hope the stomach issues get better soon. You're doing great.
I had the stomach cramps too in the beginning. I think it was just my bodies way of trying to make me stop sloshing my insides around. I did finally pinpoint (for long runs) that I needed to eat no sooner than 2 hours before I ran or else it was stomach trouble city!
Now, almost a year later my body is well adjusted to most everything.
Keep up the great work and i'll be rooting for you on Saturday!!
Enregistrer un commentaire