2006/08/14

Couch to 5 k: Week 8 - Day 1

I've sort of modified the C25K plan at this point. I like a little walking break, so sue me! Was supposed to run for 28 min straight. I have been concerned about my tummy so I only planned to do 2 miles, but I cranked out 3 with two walking breaks:

3 miles
38:56 (12:58/mile)

I ran 3 miles with a 1/8 mile walking break after Mile #1, then a 1/4 mile walking break after Mile #2. My pace slowed down a bit, but at least tummy, despite a few cramps after the first mile, hung in there!

This time, I got up extra early, drank a cup of coffee & ate two slices toast, then waited about 45 min before going out to run. Seemed to help, might stick with this plan.

Race this Saturday!! One more workout till then!

4 commentaires:

boatgirl a dit…

Congrats on the pace and time. The walking strategy is fine. You'll be amazed at how many people will be walking on race day. Keep it up and keep us posted. I'm still shooting for the 20 minutes straight through before the end of this month. I don't have much time then do I?

Mrs. Snark a dit…

Nice job on your run! Next weekend here we come, whoo hoo!

Anonyme a dit…

Do whatever works best for you. If taking a short walk break after every mile is what you need, go for it. Timewise, you're doing great with the walk breaks. I hope your tummy feels better. Good luck on your race!!

Wes a dit…

Galloway recommends taking your walk breaks early, even if you don't think you need it. This gives you strength during your entire run and helps you recover faster. It's best to have a plan like Run 5 Walk 1 and stick with it. During race day, you can just go all out and not walk at all, or stick to your plan.