2006/08/07

Couch to 5 k: Week 7 - Day 1

Today's workout called for a 25 minute run. I ran just shy of 26!

2.10 miles
25:57 (12:21/mile)

Getting a little nervous about the 5K coming up in two weeks from yesterday. Seems I am pretty pooped at the end of two miles. I walked the rest today, for a total of 5K, but I'm still in the 38-40 min range with all the walking at the end.

I have two weeks. Hopefully, I can increase how long I jog (crosses fingers).

8 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Keep your chin up. You can do this! I am in a similar boat as I will be running in a 5K race at the end of C25K (I am about a week behind you). Take a reality check and look at past results for the race you entered or a similar race. You will NOT be the only person to run at your pace. Any finishing time is better than D(id)N(ot)F(inish) and way better than D(id)N(ot)S(tart). Remeber the training which got you to the race; slow down, especially at the start. Good luck!
-ark

Mrs. Snark a dit…

We are so close to our first 5k race! So exciting, you will do great! Hey, your 5k time with walking is about where I am running the whole thing -- you're a fast walker!! And I checked out the results from previous 5ks and we will NOT be last with these times!

So no worries, it will be fun!

Good job on your run!

boatgirl a dit…

You are doing very well and will do fine on your 5K.

Neese a dit…

you will be so excited and proud of yourself and that addrenaline will be pumpin you'll likely surprise yourself on how well you'll do! and heck, if it's slow, that's OK finishing is important and that's why you sign up for more, to beat your previous time! :) I'm so excited for you i wish i could come.

Jenniferlyn a dit…

WAY TO GO! I am SOOOOO happy that I found yoru blog.

I am a runner as well - but have had to start all over again. It is frustrating knowing what I have done... but I know that I have to move on and do it again.

I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!

Anne a dit…

You might be surprised at how far a little "race magic" works during that 5k. Just don't start out too fast or you'll fizzle for sure.

Taunya a dit…

You'll be great! Just start out nice and easy...you can always speed up at the end.

Dori a dit…

I get nervous before a race, too. But I usually end up having a blast. Keep up the good work--can't wait to read your first race report. :-)