Today's C25K called for a brisk 5 min warmup walk then run 25 min nonstop.
I did it. I RAN FOR 25 MIN NONSTOP! IT WAS EXACTLY TWO MILES!!!! WOO HOO!!!
Yes, I'm shouting! Especially after Wednesday's disappointing run:-)
Here are the stats:
2 miles
25:00 (12:30/mile)
Temp: 76, 93% humidity
I did not look at my watch until 18:00 had elapsed. I wanted to walk then. But I slowed way down (didn't know one could go that slow while "running"), held my head high, and repeated to myself, "You are a runner. You are a runner. Look how far you've come. You can go a little farther. You are a runner."
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



5 commentaires:
WAHOO!!! Yay, congratulations!!! If I could type marching band celebratory music right now, I would! So just imagine it in your head, would you? Lots of crowd cheering too!
GREAT JOB!!!!
you are doing great!
just noticed your link to the upcoming race on the 19th of august, will this be your first 5k?
keep on movin!
AWESOME!!!!
I love chanting that stuff to myself and the feeling i get when i actually convince myself of it. that is one of the things that i have missed the most during my recovery. There is just something special about that conversation you have in your head...where no one else knows what you are thinking....i just miss that.
Anyway, keep up the great work!!!
that's awesome. keep it up! and i know what you mean about looking at the watch. the watch is evil. i save looking at it til the run is over.
Go YOU!
Very Nice! Congrats! You ARE a runner!
Enregistrer un commentaire