2006/08/02

Couch to 5 k: Week 6 - Day 2

For the second time in my C25K experience, I finish a workout feeling less confident than when I started. I was supposed to run a mile, walk 1/4 mile, then run a mile.

I walked the last 3/4 mile:-( I just couldn't find my groove. I think the heat wave here in Jersey psyched me out before we started ("it's going to be a tough workout today, it's already so hot..."). That kind of thinking brought me down.

2.50 miles
34:27 (13:46/mile)

[bright side]I *did* run the first mile, and in all, I ran 1.25 miles (walking the rest). [/bright side]

I'm bummed that I can do all that walking and have a pace similar to when I run more. Hope it's cooler on Fri when I am supposed to run for 25 min, today's workout was not a confidence builder.

5 commentaires:

Mrs. Snark a dit…

Hang in there, it's always disappointing to have a less than stellar workout. I've had several bike outings that have made me miserable.

The most important thing, really, is that you got out there and did it. Just that alone is major!

Hope the weather changes and bring some temp relief for you soon!

Anne a dit…

I hope it's cooler for you too. Doesn't sound like it will be with the heatwave in full swing. Drink plenty of fluids.

Mrs. Snark a dit…

By the way is that you in the Disney pic? You're such a tiny little thing!

Taunya a dit…

Running in the heat will wear you down. Don't worry, you'll have a great run once it cools down. Just be happy that you did the distance!

MNFirefly a dit…

Hang in there. It will get better. Hoping for cooler weather where you are.