2006/07/31

Couch to 5 k: Week 6 - Day 1

Boy, did I underestimate Week 6, Day 1.

After my 20 minute run triumph on Friday, I thought to myself, "Humph. W6D1, big deal, you get to stop and walk after running only 1/2 mile. Piece of cake."

Or rather, is that humble pie? If it is, I'll have a slice, thanks.

W6D1 calls for:
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Seriously, I made it through W6D1, but I was really hoping it would be easier. And I am wondering if it ever gets easier...? Anyway, I pushed through, refused to walk before it was time, and made it.

2.25 miles
28:40 (12:44/mile)
71 degrees, 87% humidity

ps--Thanks for the encouraging comments about staying with this once school starts up again, I really really really want to:-)

2 commentaires:

Mrs. Snark a dit…

Good job! I think it will get easier, I'm already starting to feel that way a teeny, tiny, eeny weeny bit.

I'm sure you will find a way to stick with your running; I think it is great to do something like this just for YOU!

Amy a dit…

you will stick with it! i'm sure of it!