C25K W5D3 today called for: Brisk 5 min warmup walk, then run for 20 min (or 2 miles) without walking.
I did it. Despite humidity that felt like a brick wall as soon as I stepped outside at 6:30 am, cramps, both kids waking up last night at 12:30, 3:30, then 5:30, and my general lack of endurance.
1.70 miles
20:00:22 (11:46:05/mile)
(I actually covered 5 k: 37:56 min, 12:14/mile. If I had been "running" a 5 K, I think I would have walked earlier than after 20 min, because my body was basically DONE running at the end of that 20 min run part!)
After my 20 min of jogging I walked most of the way back, about half the 5K. At first I was kind of beating myself up about all the walking after my triumphant 20 min of running. But once again, I must ask myself: What was my goal today? It was to run for 20 min (or 2 miles) without walking. It was NOT to run a sub-30 minute 5K (cool as that would be). So mission accomplished.
Woo hoo! I am amazed with how far I have come. It is not pretty, but it is major progress. BUT I am also seriously starting to worry about being able to keep up with this once school starts again. Not only am I a HS teacher with my own children, I am also going back to grad school 1 or 2 (haven't decided yet) nights/week (not to mention the PAPERS & READING, UGH!). This running thing is easier to work on, now that it's summer break. When school starts will be the real test.
But for today, I will bask in the fact that I ran 20 min, 1.7 miles, without stopping to walk. Yes!
I Leave You With This
Il y a 8 mois



8 commentaires:
Congratulations!! I'm amazed you got up to run after getting up with your kids all night. Way to keep going and doing a full 5k! Once my 20 minutes were up, I was DONE.
i bet you couldn't run 20 minutes straight last year at this time! no beating self up allowed. it leaves bruises.
maybe before school in the fall? It will be so NICE and COOL!!
nice job, keep it up!
Alright!!! Great job and GREAT pace! You rock! I can't even IMAGINE a sub-30 minute 5K right now. Hopefully you'll be able to maintain once your busy life starts back up -- your progress has been so incredible!
if your interest is a 5k distance then after awhile it'll only take you 30 minutes or less to run that, and you can definetly schedule that in your day! by then you'll be so addicted it'll be no problem :)
great job!
Keep at it. You're doing so well. Yes, it'll be a little harder to get the running in once school starts. But remember this: It'll be less humid and much cooler too.
Wow, that's so impressive that you got up after so little sleep to run in the heat. It's not easy to stay committed, but you're doing great!
Congratulations. You're inspiring me to at least try to run 20 minutes straight to see how far I can get. Right now I just do the one mile and quit, but I'm going to try. I'll keep you posted. You're doing great and don't worry about the future. Just delight in the victory of your goal being met now. I'm in school too, and I know what you're talking about, but don't worry. Keep moving...
I agree with jeanne. no beating up of ourselves is allowed. school, for you and your work, will be hard but if it's what you want you will be surprised at how you make it work. i have faith in you and am totally impressed with your progress! keep up the great work!
Enregistrer un commentaire