2006/07/24

Couch to 5 k: Week 5 - Day 1

2 miles
27:00:01 (13:30:00/mile)

Today's C25K W5D1 workout called for:

"Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)" (from Coolrunning.com)
I completed it. Wasn't easy at the end, but I wasn't completely dying, either. I was just ready to be done:-) It finally felt cool (63!) and you couldn't feel that it was 93% humidity.

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Congratulations!! When are you running day 3?

Mrs. Snark a dit…

Oh, oh oh, 63 sounds so WONDERFUL! I keep telling myself that I have fall/winter to look forward to! By the time that cool weather rolls around I'll have completed this program and be a "real" runner (so to speak) and the low temps will be my reward!

Good job on your run!

jeanne a dit…

This is just the way to do it. Keep it up! And thanks for the comment!

Taunya a dit…

Very nice! It makes a world of difference when you don't have to deal with the heat! Keep it up!

*jeanne* a dit…

Way to go!
The longest journey begins with a single step!
:-)