2006/07/26

Couch to 5 k: Week 5 - Day 2

The C25K plan called for this today:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
  • Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
  • Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Here ar e my stats. It was not terrible! I jogged three times around the track without stopping! Woo hoo!

2 miles
26:20:00 (13:10:00/mile)

1/2 way through the last lap, I saw my watch said 25:12...I suddenly wanted to try to get under 26:00, so I started to book it. Alas, my herculean effort at the end of my two miles was for naught, I still had over 26 and hence, over a 13 min mile. But I must keep reminding myself: Am I running for time or for distance? My goal today was to run 3/4 mile without stopping. Twice. Mission accomplished.

Intimidating C25K workout coming up on Friday: Brief 5 min. warm up walk then run for 20 min (or two miles--I suspect 20 minutes will expire for me long before the 2 miles...). YIKES.

EDITED: To correct my stats today--I initially pasted Monday's stats in (but today's are better so BETTER BELIEVE I'm posting them;))

9 commentaires:

Mrs. Snark a dit…

Great job! I'm intimidated by the next workout too. I'm aiming for the 20 minute solid run, then 3:00W/10:00R intervals for an entire 3.1. The up-front 20 minutes has me shaking in my shoesies!

boatgirl a dit…

You will be fine. Just stay focused on the goal at hand. You're doing great.

Anonyme a dit…

You guys can do it! Just remember to take it slow. Those 20 minutes goes by FAST! Before you know it, you're all done. I'll be cheering you on!

Anne a dit…

Hey there, thanks for the comment and for stopping by. It's wonderful to see a woman make the commitment to stay more active. And, yeah, it's a hard transition. Just don't succomb to the coach, especially given how easy it is in this kind of weather. Stay the course!

Backofpack a dit…

Thanks for stopping by. You can do the tough workout on Friday - you've done awesome so far! Just set your mind to it and go. Let us know how you do - I'll be checking back for it.

Legs and Wings a dit…

Hey, I'm impressed. As others have said - stay the course and stick with your plan.

I've only run two official races, both 5 K's...so I know what you are up against. Although it's only 5 K (not a real long distance) the actual race is possibly the toughest because you normally run it at a good clip. Good luck!

Jenn a dit…

Good for you girl...I was once where your at and I have much respect for your tenacity and effort. Keep on runnin on! :)

Neese a dit…

you are doing so well!! just worry about doing the run and the speed will come...

teacherwoman a dit…

SOunds like a successful workout!