2006/07/21

Couch to 5 k: Week 4 - Day 3

After today's tough workout, I am pretty sure I didn't run a lap that I should have on Wednesday. Which means I ran slower than I thought, and less distance than I thought.

I was kind of sucking wind today. From pretty early on. But I completed everything (unlike Wednesday, when I thought I had complted everything and had actually skipped a lap). I was glad to be running on a track, because at least I could truly see how far I had to go in the run phases--if I had been out on the road, I am sure I would have told myself, "You're so tired & winded already, you MUST have done the 1/2 mile already!" after, say, 1/8 of a mile. So the track works for me right now.

Here are my stats today, a little more realistic for a newbie runner:
2.25 miles
31:30:00 (14:00:00/mile)

PS--Humidity here in NJ is 100% today. I think that played a role in how labored this whole workout was. But I am so glad I pushed through it.

I guess I'll start Week 5 of C25K next week!

2 commentaires:

Mrs. Snark a dit…

I start Week 5 on Sunday, too... we are getting ever closer to the end of the program, whoo hoo!

That's pretty funny about the missed lap on the track. The thing I have a hard time keeping straight are laps in the pool, way too much mental energy expended trying to keep track of those suckers, and it's so easy to get thrown off!

boatgirl a dit…

You're doing great. Press on through the humidity and hang in there. Keep hydrated.