2006/07/19

Couch to 5 k: Week 4 - Day 2 (Post-Disney)

After a week of not running at all while in Orlando, I cast aside my guilt and resumed C25K Week 4 today. The last half was a little labored, but I was determined to make it, and I did! Twice around the track, twice (with a few once arounds and walking breaks, of course)!

How do Floridians deal with that heat? 90's every single day and humid, it was just debilitating. And I returned to NJ to find...a heat wave with temps in the 100's, should have stayed at Disney (like THAT would have been horrible;)). I guess I did exert myself a bit carrying my 1 year old on all the rides and switching off on stroller duties with dh. We walked a LOT. So luckily, I didn't lose too many of the gains I have started to see in my running.

So here are the stats, I am pretty pleased with them, especially given my week off:

(Miscalculated stats below...the corrected ones are in the edit)

2.25 miles
21:00:00 (9:20:00/mile)

EDITED to fix the mileage--because clearly I can't count the number of times I went around the track--I thought I only went 2 miles, it was really 2.25! The mistake is GREAT, turns out my pace was even better than I thought. Whoa!

EDITED AGAIN: Just realized I miscalculated...it's early when I do this, you know? I forgot to run once around, duh.
Here are the real stats, oh well, and I thought I had done so well...
1.75 miles
21:00:00 (12:00:00/mile)

4 commentaires:

Mrs. Snark a dit…

Yeah, it's rough here in Florida (I'm on the east coast) all the time. That's why I'm a devoted morning exerciser now. Once the sun peeks up it gets miserable fast!

Looks like you didn't lose any momentum on your break, you had a great run!

boatgirl a dit…

Congrats. We are in the midst of this heat too. You're doing great.

Mrs. Snark a dit…

Yow! 9:20:00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! I would be on CLOUD 99999999!

jeanne a dit…

You are doing great! I get confused on the track too. I find if I should out what number I'm on, i'm more likely to remember it. (Your mileage may vary.)
:)