2006/07/11

Couch to 5 k: Week 4 - Day 1

C25K W4 Workout this week:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
  • Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
  • Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

I chose to do this for distance this week, so I went to the HS track, how better to visualize distance than that, right?

2.25 miles
24:00:00 (10:40:00/mile)

Made it TWICE around the track, and two times, at that! I ran for a mile and a half of that 2.25 miles:-) The cool thing was, I *started* to understand about falling into a rhythm--I wasn't really sucking wind so much any more; it was my legs that were actually doing a little of the complaining (the quads), not used to the longer spurts of running at a time.

Off to Disney soon. We have breakfast with Mickey on the day of my next scheduled run, so I'll have to try to fit it in that evening. I will try hard to stick with the workouts while we're away.

7 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

That is FANTASTIC time! Isn't it amazing how much you can improve in such a short amount of time?

Anonyme a dit…

I have enjoyed reading your story, I have been running exactly one year now and can remember when I first started out........congratulations on your improvement that you have made. It does get easier with time!! Keep up the good work and enjoy your vacation!

Mrs. Snark a dit…

Look at that pace! Wow! I'm green with envy! :)

Enjoy Disney!

Dori a dit…

I'm green with envy that you're going to Disney! I've never been to Disney World, but I used to live in the shadow of Disneyland. They're having a half-M this fall to coincide with their 50th anniversary. I went to sign up, but it was already full. :-(

Great job running. I like track workouts--the surface is cushioned and the distance is so easy to measure.

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) a dit…

Hey:

Just catching up on my reading. I grew up in Milwaukee -- on the east side (nearish to Downtown). Running the lakefront there is beautiful...(never did that when I lived there... just do it now when I visit home).

Nice job on the track work...

boatgirl a dit…

Wow, what a great pace. That is awesome. You are doing so well.

Neese a dit…

you are doing great! to get a taste of that pace this early in your training is fantastic!